MT4STR Eldegas guitar

El Degas Marketplace
pip

MT4STR Eldegas guitar

Post by pip »

Hello, I am interested in finding out what the guitar is worth. I live in Toronto. Anyone have any ideas where I could sell it?
charles
Site Admin

Re: MT4STR Eldegas guitar

Post by charles »

The MT- models are copies of Martin acoustics.

70's MT- models seem to usually sell on the internet for around $150-250, but list anywhere from $100-500 depending on the condition of the instrument, country of manufacture, and the level of motivation of the buyer. Your mileage may vary, this is just the trend I see.

If you have a photos of the headstock & sound hole label I might be able to tell you the country of manufacture (or the sound hole label may have it listed).

Best bet for selling it locally is your local online classifieds (Kijiji, Craigslist). You can also list it on this forum if you would like.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
Robbie1963

Post by Robbie1963 »

charles wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:24 pm The MT- models are copies of Martin acoustics.

70's MT- models seem to usually sell on the internet for around $150-250, but list anywhere from $100-500 depending on the condition of the instrument, country of manufacture, and the level of motivation of the buyer. Your mileage may vary, this is just the trend I see.

If you have a photos of the headstock & sound hole label I might be able to tell you the country of manufacture (or the sound hole label may have it listed).

Best bet for selling it locally is your local online classifieds (Kijiji, Craigslist). You can also list it on this forum if you would like.
Curious what the STR stands for.Thanks Rob.
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

Robbie1963 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:03 pm Curious what the STR stands for.Thanks Rob.
Letters after the standard model number generally refer to the finish (they seemed to start doing this with later models). If I saw a photo of the OP's guitar it would probably become very apparent what color the letters are meant to represent. Of course, their post is years old so there's little chance of that :mrgreen:
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)