It's been a while

Open discussion on anything - guitar mods, the weather, guitar links, parts ... just keep it clean!
SoulSurgeon

It's been a while

Post by SoulSurgeon »

Hello Gents,

Thought I'd stop in and say hello. I seem to have lost my lust for El Degas. I used to look on Kijiji every day...suddenly last year I just stopped.

I'm still looking for a high end bass...haven't found what I am looking for yet. I'll let you know when I do.

Nothing compares to my El Degas P Bass, sadly. It's weakness is its unbalanced as any instrument in its class will be. Its great for what it is...

I'm playing bigger gigs these days...need to be using Pro Gear. Unfortunately, as much as I try to educate people, El Degas gives off a visual impression of "not that serious about music" or "not willing to spend money on a real instrument"....which I hate. But it's a reality I face out there.

Great value for guys who play at home, or at church, or at jam nights. I was all these guys at one time.

Cheers,

Soul
charles
Site Admin

Re: It's been a while

Post by charles »

Unfortunate how that is - people tend to listen as much with their eyes as they do their ears, sometimes. :roll:
Anyways, keep on keepin' on :D Glad to hear the gigs are getting bigger and bigger!
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
SoulSurgeon

Post by SoulSurgeon »

I promise to stop by more. I still love El Degas and I certainly will buy up any cool rare gems as they come along.
sambonee

Post by sambonee »

Hey soul,

I let my playing and tone put doubters in their place.

Do you still have that Sg degas bass? Werent you selling it?
SoulSurgeon

Post by SoulSurgeon »

Hi Sam,

Yes I still have it. I play it from time to time...its definitely a pickers bass as the strings are close together.

I had it setup late last year and had one of the pick-ups revwound...it was dead.

I'd be willing to part with it possibly.

Cheers