El Degas Jam, GTA

Open discussion on anything - guitar mods, the weather, guitar links, parts ... just keep it clean!
SoulSurgeon

El Degas Jam, GTA

Post by SoulSurgeon »

Hi guys,

I'm looking to put together an El Degas-guitar-only jam in the Greater Toronto area. Some of you have already been messaging me about getting together.

Reply here if you'd like to be a part of it.

Soul
charles
Site Admin

Re: El Degas Jam, GTA

Post by charles »

That's a really great idea. Make sure you folks take lots of photos!
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
sambonee

Post by sambonee »

What a great idea. We could host it at a jam space. It a bar. I know that I'll be keen to check out other people's Degas gear.

What geographical area are we taking about?

I'm gonna post on guitars canada and see if there's some interst.
SoulSurgeon

Post by SoulSurgeon »

sambonee wrote:What a great idea. We could host it at a jam space. It a bar. I know that I'll be keen to check out other people's Degas gear.

What geographical area are we taking about?

I'm gonna post on guitars canada and see if there's some interst.
Sounds great Sam. Probably central to whomever wants to come. I looked up that "Jam Space"..$15 and hour. Decent.
http://thejamspace.com/
SoulSurgeon

Post by SoulSurgeon »

Suggestion. I went to a jam in Bolton Ontario last night and it was great. This is fairly central Ontario'ish and should be a nice option?

It was at a place called:

Toby Jug
15 Allan Dr #18
Caledon, ON L7E 2B5
43.872863, -79.727456

It is every other Thursday night from 8:00 p.m. until 11:00pm ish ( went to 11:30 last night). Want to try to get everyone together for May 28th?

The host band was very friendly and accommodating.
The best part is that the house band bass player had a $2200 USA made 5 -string Fender Jazz Bass through a TC Electronic 250 tube head and 2x112" TC cab. All of us were talking about how we didn't like how his bass sounded. I actually didn't get to play bass (I had to sing and play acoustic guitar instead) and 2 other guys ended up playing my 70's Red El Degas P Bass with Flatwounds. The tone was killer...and everyone including the Fender owner remarked about it. The players also both remarked to me about how well the bass played and how easy it was to play.

This is my thread about that Bass. http://www.eldegas.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 3650#p3650
sambonee

Post by sambonee »

Too cool. I love it when that happens. They see an obscure brand. Oh it's made in Japan! Oh! Then whamo they hear it. Done deal.

About jamming. I'd personally prefer renting a spot as we will be playing the whole time and not needing to wait and play by others' rules. If it were our only option then sure. We have more fun doing our own private thing. IMO
SoulSurgeon

Post by SoulSurgeon »

Would anyone like to jam @ Toby Jug in Bolton Ontario this Thursday night? It's a jam night I go to often.

If so, I'll bring my El Degas collection.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Hey Soul, I'm just catching up with this post. I hope you and Sean were able to scare up some ED players. I'd love to get together with some of the gang but I'm now in St. Catharines which is beautiful up here by the Lake but nowhere near the GTA anymore. Happy to hear you are with a band now and still playing the ED's as well as your new axe!
SoulSurgeon

Post by SoulSurgeon »

Hey Barry,

I have spoken to Sean a few times on the phone...we haven't met yet.

Ya Bolton is far and away from St. Cats...still, I might go to Bolton again this week if there is anyone else interested in going?

Cheers,

Soul
sambonee

Post by sambonee »

Is the Bolton jam still going . On?
Barry

Post by Barry »

dieeo, you really need to check the date (and location) of the topic before you post. :wink:

Like your other recent post, this is also a 5 year old thread!
It's also located in Canada. Were you seriously thinking of coming up from South Dakota, across the border, during a pandemic?
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

Barry wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:53 am dieeo, you really need to check the date (and location) of the topic before you post. :wink: \
They are a bot trying to quietly spam the forum with the links in their signature. I'll be nuking that account, shortly.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
Barry

Post by Barry »

B O O M !! :lol: