Set neck Ric 330 Semihollow copy

El Degas Marketplace
charles
Site Admin

Set neck Ric 330 Semihollow copy

Post by charles »

This is from my personal collection.

This is a set-neck Ric 330 copy. I am not certain on the country of manufacture - the logo style on the headstock is consistent with the MIJ models but there is no marking on the guitar to make a definitive determination.

This was my project guitar - but like I sometimes do, I procrastinated to the point that I got the opportunity to buy a second Ric 330 copy and then did not complete the project.

I am including all the parts I got to complete this project:
  • Guitar with original bridge, pickguard, pickups, pots, 3-way switch, knobs, output jack
  • Pickguard material & pickguard and input jack cover template (I had not checked yet to see if I needed to modify this template for this guitar)
  • 4 new pots
  • New 3-way switch
  • New input jack
  • New Wilkinson 3+3 tuners
There has been a repair to the rosewood fretboard by the second fret, see photo below.

You don't come across these very often so it you are a bit more electronically inclined than I am this is a nice find.
Asking $250, or best offer + shipping (shipping within Canada will likely be around $50-60 dollars)

If you have questions or need more photos please let me know. I took these ones at around 2am so they are not all that great.

I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
Barry

Re: Set neck Ric 330 Semihollow copy

Post by Barry »

Very nice Charles.
But it would be worth what's left of my life if I showed up with another guitar (up to 33 now!)
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

Yeah, I'm up in the 30's as well so I am finally letting go of this one.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

Degaslore

Post by Degaslore »

Hi Charles,

Would grab this from you in a heartbeat if you are nearby? I`m a few minutes north of Guelph, Ontario. I may have a family member heading to Ottawa next week if this is your stomping grounds? I`ve never done the whole shipping thing when it comes to guitars? Cheers !! Bruce
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

Sorry, I'm way over in sunny Calgary!

Degaslore

Post by Degaslore »

How does that whole shipping thing work? I carve you a cheque or money order for an agreed upon price and you ship via Purolator, UPS etc.? I`ve never even thought about this with a guitar, hence my rather dumb questions?
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

I'll PM you the details shortly.

sambonee

Post by sambonee »

I have this exact guitar and quite enjoy it. I have only hand picked guitars and I can say that this one preoccupies my guitar thoughts a lot!!

Mine has a replacement adjustable bridge. The pickups are amazing. And the neck Pu is exceptionally clear yet still bass present.

Shipping is a breeze. I do it often. Canada post is best and cheapest.